[labnetwork] Cleanroom Garments

Bob Hamilton bob at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 2 15:56:52 EST 2009

Not to quibble - the Microlab does state-of-the-art device research as
well as nanofabrication research. We have ~350 lab members and log a
huge number of lab-hours per year. Particle-control and yield have not
been an issue here at Berkeley even though we use disposable garments.

We have lots of issues to deal with including cost but particles are
not one of them for present research.

Given this statment, we do not have a Surfscan and I cannot provide a
metric on particle density. Device yield and the stringent
requirements for wafer/wafer bonding are good indicators, however.

Bob Hamilton

Robert Hamilton
University of California at Berkeley
Microlab Facilities Manager