[labnetwork] Electrochemical Gas Detection Systems

Dan Woodie woodie at cnf.cornell.edu
Thu Feb 26 14:49:41 EST 2009

Lab Managers,

We built our new facility about 5 years ago using a toxic gas detection
system from a national vendor. The system utilizes electrochemical cells for
gas detection and we are facing an issue with the vendor declaring the
electrochemical cells for our system obsolete and no longer manufacturing
them. We now have a difficult decision regarding a costly upgrade of our
base sensors to utilize a newer style electrochemical cell. We would
appreciate talking to anyone who has or is going through anything similar
regarding this process or anyone who uses these types of sensors and is
quite happy with them.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dan

Daniel Woodie