[labnetwork] A safer hotplate?

Daniel Christensen dan at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 27 11:24:21 EDT 2009

Mary,

Just a couple of quick thoughts......

You might add a secondary over-temp TC and over-temp
controller.  Most heated baths have this and it would be nice to
prevent run away temps on the hotplate.

We've also wondered about making some kind of "egg timer" on the
hotplate that would require the user to punch a button every "X"
minutes to keep the power on.  This would provide hardware
enforcement of the user's presence to monitor the hotplate.