[labnetwork] Help ... Please !!! ... our safety guys have not clue about gas cabinets ...

Leonidas E Ocola ocola at anl.gov
Wed Dec 22 15:45:28 EST 2010

All,

Can anyone tell me if you shut the valves of the gas bottles in your
cleanroom
during winter break ? Our safety guys are under the impression that it is
hazardous to leave them open. They will only listen to me that they are
wrong
if other labs leave them as is.

(We have gas cabinets with gas alarms, shutoff valves, manifolds, etc. They
are hooked up to our RIE tool with 12 sticks for different gases)

I do not want to shut all the gas bottles for winter break because I
believe it is
unnecessary and in some cases could introduce air bubbles into the line
which could affect my RIE recipes if I do not flush the line.

If you can reply within the next few hours I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Leo

--
Leonidas E. Ocola, PhD