[labnetwork] System backups

Hughes, John S hughes at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 15 17:27:12 EDT 2010

Hello Tony,

As per your suggestion, I asked our IT folks to look into getting SSDs to use as backups for a lot of our process tool computers. We have quite a few "legacy" systems, and the question they asked me was: where can we get an SSD drive with an IDE connection and <2GB capacity, since some of our older systems can't handle the high capacity drives.

If you, or anyone else, knows of a good vendor for such drives, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks
John

John S. Hughes                         Office: (217) 333-4674
Associate Director                        FAX: (217) 244-6375
Laboratory Operations                     hughes at illinois.edu<mailto:hughes at illinois.edu>
Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
3114 Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory
208 North Wright Street
Urbana, Illinois  61801              http://mntl.illinois.edu