[labnetwork] RH question

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 3 10:47:39 EDT 2011

Rick, 45% is on the low side but not unusual. Operating an area with lower RH can invite static problems. Operating in the mid to high 50% range will affect resists, it actually absorbs water and changes the photo speed. Here at Harvard CNS, we maintain 45% with a tolerance of +/_  3%.
 If you plan on installing steppers, Check with the manufacturer to see where the machine will be "happy" . In any event, emphasis must be put into control tolerance. In order to get consistent processes, you need a consistent environment.
Feel free to come over and look at our clean room, your just down the street and I could give you a tour.
Regards,

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St. Cambridge MA 02138
Tel. 617 496 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu