[labnetwork] ATTN: Two used JEOL JBX-5DII .

P. Scott Harris psharris at magma.ca
Tue Aug 23 15:55:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

Just FYI, we normally make upgrade kits for Mann/GCA Pattern Generator/Stepper
equipment but a university in China asked us to look at upgrading their JEOL
JBX-6AII tool in the same manner (desktop PC replaces PDP-11/44, bus controller
and related peripherals etc.) so we are currently trying that out. The hardware
and software are there now and testing is scheduled but I haven't begun actual
testing yet. I wouldn't have started this project if I didn't think that it was
doable but I won't know for certain until testing is complete. I guess that all
of this is just to say that you might have other options for the equipment if
the computer controller issue is your primary reason for getting rid of it.

--
Best regards,

P. Scott Harris, P.Eng.
H&L Associates