[labnetwork] Lift-Off tool recommendations?

Luciani, Vincent vincent.luciani at nist.gov
Thu Feb 10 10:58:49 EST 2011

Hello Labnetwork,

I want to help our users with their lift-off processing.
I am seeking your thoughts and comments on an automated lift-tool.  There are hot solvent spray systems and batch immersion systems that work well in production environments where mask layout is optimized around a process.  As we all know, a user facility can bring extra challenges to such tools since not all mask layouts are optimized for success on a automatic lift-off tool.  Many folks simply rely on extended time solvent soaks.  Has anyone had success with a particular brand solvent spray tool in their lab or have you found success with a different approach to the problem?

Thanks,

Vincent K. Luciani
NanoFab manager
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology<http://www.cnst.nist.gov/>