[labnetwork] Need RIE help

Mac Hathaway Hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 29 09:44:33 EDT 2011

Hey all,

This is Mac, at Harvard CNS.  Our STS has shown some symptoms of this
due to polymer on the walls coming off in the O2 clean, introducing
fluorine via that route.

When you wrote "the F peak is clipped of in height during the O2 plasma
clean?"  Did you mean it was still there, but shorter?  This would
clearly indicate the F is still there, and the only question is where
it's coming from.

Perhaps a longer chamber clean, with a low-pressure step to spread out
the cleaning plasma, before the stripping runs?...

Keep in mind that an O2 resist strip can gum up your chamber, and cause
instability in your regular etch processes if you're not careful.

Mac