[labnetwork] 24/7 operations

Matthieu Nannini, Dr. matthieu.nannini at mcgill.ca
Fri May 27 15:47:54 EDT 2011

Dear lab managers,

We are in the process of planning a transition to 24/7 operations for our fab. I would appreciate if some of you could share their experience and give advice on must-do's and must-not-do's regarding 24/7 operations. How do you manage staff ? any restriction in processes ? How do you re-inforce the buddy system ? Buddy system at all times or only for specific processes ? Any specific training for users willing to work overnight ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable insights.

Matthieu Nannini
McGill Nanotools Microfab
Manager
t: 514 398 3310