[labnetwork] Toxic Gas Monitoring Systems

David A. Bunzow dabunzow at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 8 16:51:53 EDT 2012

Hi Jerry,
We have two systems at The Molecular Foundry, an older Honeywell Analytics
(about 6-7 years old and a newer system (1-2 years old).

They operate similarly to what you describe, except ours can be read remotely in
locations immediately outside the lab enclosure where sensor are located, as
well as at kiosk-type video panels that allow the FD to see what is in alarm,
where its located, and the detection level (the FD likes this since they can
make a determination of how to proceed without visiting the detection location).

Hope this helps...

David A. Bunzow
User Facilities Program Manager
The Molecular Foundry