[labnetwork] SVG track coaters

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Thu Aug 23 08:03:04 EDT 2012

Dear all,

In our lab we have a 20 years old Semiconductor Systems Inc. (SSI) track coater which is on its last leg. I have noticed that quite a number of you are using Silicon Valley Group (SVG) coaters. We are presently considering if we should buy a refurbished SVG coater as a replacement tool. I therefore have a few questions:

·         What is our experience with their up-time?

·         How easy are they to service?

·         Is the cost of ownership large, medium or small?

·         Is it still possible to find companies which can provide spare parts and/or offer engineering services?

Best regards,

Leif

Leif S. Johansen

Head of Operations