[labnetwork] chemical resistant gloves used with HF

Luciani, Vincent vincent.luciani at nist.gov
Thu Aug 23 18:16:13 EDT 2012

Hello Iulian,

Great seeing you at the UGIM.  Our policy is very close to John's.

We like the Trionic (or tri-blend more generically) gloves as well.  They are by far the best combination of protection and dexterity.  We still supply the re-usable thicker nitrile gloves and recommend their usage when using any acids but we permit the use of double-gloved tri-blend gloves when good dexterity is essential.

At the solvent benches, we have switched to the tri-blend gloves.

When using a TMAH solution we require nitrile or tri-blend gloves and disposable sleeve protectors due to the toxicity of the TMAH via skin absorption.   I look forward to the day that extra-long tri-blend gloves are available.

Take care,
Vince