[labnetwork] question ...

Rizik rizik at intengr.com
Sun Dec 2 12:12:15 EST 2012

In addition, your local/regional air quality management district should have
a limit on the quantity of toxic, highly toxic and particulate discharged
into the atmosphere. You might want to consult with the local district about
the maximum allowable discharge limits.

I agree with Michael about the reactivity and byproducts. In case you are
using gases with corrosive residual byproducts where some of these gases are
released from the tool un-reacted, such gases need to be locally abated. The
process could either be a wet scrubber, a thermal-wet abatement system or a
dry scrub system. The cost of these systems ranges between $55K for a single
canister dry scrub system to up to $125K for a thermal wet point of use
scrubber. If you are abating ozone depleting gases along with other
toxic/corrosive gases, then the cost could be as high as $150K. Each option
brings to the table other challenges that need to be met. Depending on your
current facility infrastructure set up you might be able to favor one over
the other.

Regards

Rizik Michael, PE
Principal