[labnetwork] Fume Scrubber pH Drift

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 25 11:57:17 EDT 2012

If the pH is dropping that steadily (and fairly quickly) I would also be looking at the liquid sources that feed this system more than for gaseous sources. Certainly looking at carbonic acid if you are using DI water is a good thing to check. People often try to use a variety of sources of water to reduce usage of potable water. Does your system have an alternative source of water?  For example, we use the output of AWN system when the pH is in range. If what senses/controls that is messed up, you could see low pH. In the past, we used to use RO reject water which can also be a low pH source.

I think that tracing water lines that feed this system might be a useful exercise to make sure that there's no possible source of low pH water being used to conserve use of potable water.

John

Sent from my iPhone