[labnetwork] Wireless Network In Cleanrooms

Aebersold,Julia W. julia.aebersold at louisville.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:13:07 EDT 2012

We use primarily wireless with some Ethernet ports, which are provided by the university.  The reason why is that our IT group charges $10/ethernet port per month.  Hence, these charges steered us towards wireless.  Now they are going to a one time fee of $550 to turn on a port.  I am in the process of considering Badger, which will maneuver me to wireless even more.

Cheers!

Julia Aebersold, Ph.D.
MNTC Cleanroom Manager
Shumaker Research Building, Room 233