[labnetwork] OpenCORAL.org has been moved to OpenCORAL.mit.edu

Vicky Diadiuk diadiuk at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 20 13:32:15 EDT 2012

Hi,
As you will recall from earlier messages (eg, see note below), MIT has
agreed to host the OpenCORAL forum and the web content.
  We have been working with John to make the transition, & it is now
complete.
OpenCORAL.org has been moved to OpenCORAL.mit.edu (at this point, the
old Website will re-direct you to the new one).
We look forward to energetic participation by all CORAL users.

Thanks,
  Vicky

***********************
12/04/11
Dear colleagues,
  Recently Stanford informed us that OpenCoral.org will remain an
active site for the discussion, development, and distribution of
OpenCoral. However, Stanford will not be able to continue to host the
website, since they do not plan to run Coral after they transition to
Badger (the new commercial version of CORAL).
  Since MIT will continue to use and maintain CORAL, we agreed to host
the forum and the web content.  In contrast to Stanford, however, we
don't have the resources necessary to provide the extensive help that
John Shott has offered in the past.  We will rely on the expertise of
all CORAL users to help each other.
After the transition to MIT, we do not expect to do as much
development and functionality additions as Bill Murray had been able
to do, but we will keep CORAL current, i.e. compatible with modern
operating systems and databases. Our intent is to continue the
collaboration between the user-institutions in assisting each other
with maintenance of the systems we are already using.

With John Shott’s help we are presently working to make a smooth
transition of OpenCoral.org hosting from Stanford to MIT.  Please let
us know if you have any questions and/or if you would like to assist
with the transition and future CORAL maintenance