[labnetwork] KOH/IPA Solution

Michael Khbeis khbeis at uw.edu
Fri Jun 22 11:28:30 EDT 2012

Good Morning,

We have just replaced all of our wet processing stations and are setting up a 6L recirculating bath of KOH w/ ~20% IPA as a surfactant.  I am presuming that the IPA will readily evaporate and will not pose a regulatory issue with dumping to waste water treatment.  I was wondering if most of you still use IPA or have moved to other surfactants for Si preferential wet etch.  If you still use IPA how do you handle the effluent?

I appreciate the fab knowledge support community that you all contribute to.

Gratefully,

Dr. Michael Khbeis
Associate Director
Microfabrication Facility (MFF)