[labnetwork] Requesting expertise/ experience with Scrubber by-products in Fab.

Rizik rizik at intengr.com
Sun Nov 25 09:44:26 EST 2012

Please try to answer the following questions before we provide our
recommendation:

1.      Daily removal of 5-gallons of concentrated solution - Do you mean
caustic solution? If yes, what is the concentration?

2.      Is NaOH injection to the recirculating water stream being controlled
by a pH Controller to maintained a predetermined pH level?

3.      What are you trying to scrub?

4.      What is the makeup water flow rate?

5.      Doe you control Total Dissolved Solids in the recirculating water?
If yes, is it controlled by a TDS sensor & controller?

6.      Does the recirc water go through a periodic purge cycle or does it
continue to circulate and water is replenished only when water level in the
basin drops?

Rizik Michael, PE

Principal

Integrated Engineering Services