[labnetwork] HEPA Filters

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 26 17:26:50 EDT 2012

The general rule of thumb with HEPA's is at least a 20 year lifespan, the pre-filters take most of the contaminants out. As far as an indicator for when they need replacement, amperage draw on the fans should be baselined and checked at least annually for increased draw to maintain pressurization or if your setup uses variable frequency drives in a closed loop, look for an increase in speed over time.
   Steve