[labnetwork] HEPA Filters

Jörg Hübner jhub at danchip.dtu.dk
Thu Sep 27 02:39:52 EDT 2012

Hi,
we had a change of HEPA filters after around 7 years in the older part of our cleanroom. It was necessary as it was increasingly difficult to keep the overpressure in the cleanroom at the desired level. The reason for the "only" 7 years lifetime was most certainly a defect pre-filter (completely blown through) at the air intake.
In general there might also be an aspect of energy conservation as it takes more pressure to press air through old, used filters (we had our fan motors running at or close to 100% for quite a while before we exchanged filters) . Central University (Campus Services) paid for the exchange.
The " lesson learned"  for us is to check the pre-filters once in a while.

    Regards
                                    Jorg

Jörg Hübner

 Director

DTU Danchip
National Center for Micro- and Nanofabrication

Technical University of Denmark

[cid:image001.gif at 01CD9C8B.A9E00330]

Danchip

ØrstedsPlads