[labnetwork] Using CDA, rather than N2, as pump purge in Bosch-like processes?

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Apr 12 14:42:58 EDT 2013

Hi John,

I have in the past used CDA fed through a cascade of nitrogen membrane
filters to achieve 99.9% N2 purity which was then used to purge dry pumps
used in a variety of applications. The setup worked well without any
issues for a number of years. I don't recall the membrane manufacturer we
used at the time but a quick Google search will reveal a few current
vendors. Here's some info I came across on Air Liquide's site:
http://www.medal.airliquide.com/en/nitrogen-membranes/medal-nitrogen-membra
ne-modules.html

As several others have already mentioned, the CDA supply must be monitored
to ensure it remains oil-free & dry. In my particular application, the
compressor/dryer was dedicated to fab operations under my responsibility
and therefore easily monitored.

Best regards,
Vito
--