[labnetwork] BCL3 - Gas Line Heaters and Protocols

Dean Sutter ds120 at gatech.edu
Mon Aug 26 15:09:56 EDT 2013

Hello,

AT GT Nano we have a hard plumbed BCL3 line coming from a central gas
room, running several hundred feet into the sub fab eventually
connecting to the tools.

We have been internally debating the necessary protocols and physical
installations necessary  to ensure a safe and properly functioning
delivery mechanism.

These discussions have included the elimination of the central approach,
replaced with a local gas cabinet and shorter runs since maintaining and
being able to monitor line heaters on a several hundred foot of line,
buried in plumbing up in the ceiling  is our primary concern.

So, we are seeking a benchmark from existing facilities that use BCL3.

Anyone care to volunteer to explain their installation and
operating/safety protocols?

Thanks

--
Dean A. Sutter