[labnetwork] KOH Baths

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Fri Dec 13 18:04:56 EST 2013

Hi Bill,

We decided a year to get a standing KOH bath (don't recall the supplier name however in US). If unused it is at room temperature and heating to 70-80C is quite fast for usage. We believe it is safer this way as users do not need to make the KOH mixtures which include some hazards. We also monitor regularly the pH of the solution and top up KOH whenever required.

Kind regards, Fouad