[labnetwork] Equipment Online Scheduling Recomendation

Fouad Karouta fouad.karouta at anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 23 17:35:36 EST 2013

Hello Sanchez,

We are using a commercial service and set a booking system for our facility.
You use a part of their website and you set your own booking page only
accessible by people you authorize. The system generates an easy logging
data (excel format( that allows you to track usage per any category you want
either among the users or the equipment. We found it very easy to use and at
the end of each month it takes us 2-3 days to generate the invoices and all
figures with regards to our performance (KPIs).

The cost is related to the amount of usage in advance and in the past but
for our facility 8 major equipment + a suite of small equipment we are
paying typically <20$/month.

All the details are available here - http://www.supersaas.com/.  There is a
fully functional free service - only restricted in the number of bookings
etc, and it has ads.

If you want to look at our schedule to get an idea of how we use it go to -
http://www.supersaas.co.uk/schedule/ANFF_ACT_Node/Flagship_Equipment.

You'll only be able to look, not make any bookings or see the operational
parts.

Hope this is helpful,

Fouad Karouta