[labnetwork] STS multiplex ASE high coil reflectance issues

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 12 10:40:26 EDT 2013

Errol,  can you tune it manually? If so, something is interfering with the movement of the air caps. If you think both air (or vacuum) caps are freely turning and you can't tune it manually, remove the UHF cable from the generator to the match and using an ohmmeter, measure resistance from ground to the electrode, it should be 2 megohm or higher. If the resistance is lower, start removing parts such as shields and keep measuring till you find the short. Another avenue is to make sure the chuck RF is tuning, a mismatch of 20% or greater will create havoc for the coil tuning.  Best of luck,
  Steve Paolini
  Equipment Dood
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu