[labnetwork] acetone in Acetylene

Mike Tiner mtiner at masdar.ac.ae
Mon Jul 15 00:57:07 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I can't remember if this has been addressed before, but we are installing a CVD reactor for CNTs and graphene which uses Acetylene as one of the feed gasses. I am trying to decide whether to use a cylinder with or without acetone. Can anyone give insight into this? Do we require acetone?, is there a contamination issue to be aware of?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike

Mike Tiner
Manager, Fabrication and Microscopy Facilities

Masdar Institute Electron Microscopy Facility Website<https://sites.google.com/site/masdarelectronmicroscopy/>

Masdar Institute Fabrication Facility Website<https://sites.google.com/site/mifabricationinfo/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE8139.48CF30A0]
PO Box 54224, Khalifa City
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Office   +971 2 810 8122
Direct   +971 2 810 9053
Fax       +971 2 810 8121
Mobile  +971 56 733 9604
Email    mtiner at masdar.ac.ae<mailto:mpotter at masdar.ac.ae>

http://www.masdar.ac.ae<http://www.masdar.ac.ae/>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CE8139.48CF30A0]<http://en.uaenationalday.ae/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at info at masdar.ac.ae<mailto:info at masdar.ac.ae>