[labnetwork] Discolouration on evaporated Mg

Iyer, Nandini Nandini.Iyer at ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 16 18:33:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

Recently, we have noticed some unusual spots on our evaporated Mg film (~10um).  It consists of a contaminating particle and a ring shaped discolouration around the particle. We suspect that the contaminant may be Mg particles deposited during evaporation but we are not certain about this. Does anyone have any theories about what could be happening?

Thank you.

Nandini