[labnetwork] KOH Tank Design

Kuhn, Jeffrey G kuhn1 at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 23 07:31:36 EDT 2013

Tony,

A couple of years ago we installed a dedicated KOH bath inside a fume hood for some of our research folks. The bath is made by Modutek and is electrically heated. The tank itself is quartz and has a Teflon liner. There is also a coil of tubing around the top that flows cold water in order to condense vapors and return them to the tank. The tank uses a magnetic stirrer (air or N2 powered) for stirring. We had some issues initially with the tank as supplied but those issues have been resolved.

Please feel free to contact me privately if you'd like more details.

Regards,

Jeff Kuhn
Facility Engineer
Birck Nanotechnology Center