[labnetwork] service contracts ...

Mario Portillo hbtusainc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 09:13:47 EDT 2013

Mr. Ocola.........I have been involved with Semi equipment maintenance/service contracts for almost 28 years helping Universities, Government Labs and Industry worldwide.....The third party alternative ( intermediaries) to support semiconductor equipment sounds like a very good idea to control budgets/expenditures but very utopian........( unless one has the crystal ball to determine how many times a piece of equipment will break and what kind of problems it will have, what are the limits of this insurance policy, one might have a chance) As Mr. Rathbun mentioned, it can get very messy with you in the middle with broken equipment waiting to be repaired...I have seen more bad than good in this situations. I do not know about your particular mentioned company but they all work on the law of probabilities/percentages of equipment failure, win most lose a few......You do not want to be among the few that lost.

My recommendation is to work directly with the equipment service providers, it will be a little more expensive, but a well spelled out service contract will keep your equipment going and you with peace of mind.

Regards

Mario A. Portillo Sr.
High'born Technology USA Inc.
Semiconductor Equipment Services