[labnetwork] First aid for Sulphuric acid-IIT Bombay, India

Satyavalli Paluri valli at ee.iitb.ac.in
Tue May 21 21:27:54 EDT 2013

Hi John,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. You have been kind enough in
sharing your experience.
Actually, we have received 3 responses from this group giving us
suggestions. All of you have said that we need to douse the area exposed
to sulphuric acid with plenty of water.
We are building up our emergency reponse system.
As of now, we have spill kits for clearing acid, base & solvent spills.
We have calcium gluconate cream available = for first aid for HF.
If you have any more suggestions, please let us know.
This group is a valuable resource to build any nanoelectronics centre.
Thanks so much.

Best regards
Valli