[labnetwork] Particle filters on bulk N2

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 7 11:17:25 EST 2013

Hi Iulian,

We will soon be installing two parallel 0.003um filters on our particular
bulk N2 installation. All related copper pipes from the aluminum
evaporator are being installed per oxygen service installation practices
(cleaned & degreased and silver-soldered under N2 purge) so we should be
OK from a particle perspective, at least given past experience with a very
similar setup. In the event of any filter clogging issues, the redundant
filters will allow for easy replacement of the affected unit without
interrupting flow.

Best regards,
Vito
--