[labnetwork] Diborane stability

Savitha P savitha.p at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Sep 23 08:21:38 EDT 2013

Hi!

We have diborane (2% in Ar carrier gas) connected to our APCVD furnace as
the source for boron doping. For the past one month we have not achieved
resistivity changes with any of our standard recipes. Our cylinder was
installed in 2011 and is kept at ~22-24 deg C.

 I have been reading some of the previous posts about the formation of
B4H10 particles which deposit out. Has anyone noticed this kind of
phenomena leading to only flushing of the carrier Argon gas. We tried
rolling of our cylinder for ~1hr (on the advice of our cylinder supplier)
but had no better results.

Thanks and regards,

Savitha

--