[labnetwork] Bending coaxial

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Wed Dec 17 12:55:57 EST 2014

Matthieu –
While I am in complete agreement with most of Craig’s points, the main issue in too small a radius bend in your tubing is cleanliness rather than purity (particle count rather than “how many 9s”). If you are using a corrosive gas, purity can be affected but even more serious is the possibility of moisture entrainment that can cause catastrophic failure.
As all the responses have said, use a large-radius tube bender and you’ll be fine.
John

John R. Weaver
Strategic Facilities Officer
Birck Nanotechnology Center