[labnetwork] non-MOS LPCVD tube?

Bill Flounders bill at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 28 19:22:03 EST 2014

We offer most of our LPCVD processes in 2 separate tubes:
non-MOS restricted and MOS restricted.
We like to call them  clean and cleaner
instead of clean and dirty.

Though the term MOS is becoming less well defined
- the essence is active electronic devices requiring
highest quality gate oxides and best carrier mobilities
and lifetimes.

Low volatility metals and other non-standard
materials are approved on a case by case basis
in the non-MOS (clean) tubes. We have approved
Pt and W in our non-MOS silicon nitride tube.
Ti and Mo have also been approved in other
non-MOS deposition tubes.

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley