[labnetwork] regulator question

Tom Britton tbritton at criticalsystemsinc.com
Fri Jul 18 10:36:38 EDT 2014

Hi Rick,

C4F8 isn't very sensitive to temperature swings in range that you've listed, so you won't get much insulating the panel. What is the regulator doing? If you're seeing a rise in the downstream pressure, you could have contamination on the seat. If the flow rate is fluctuating, the regulator may be undersized.

Let's focus on the regulator and your system requirements.

1.       What is the part number on the regulator? Tescom scribes this into the body, either next to the inlet or outlet fitting, or on the bottom.

2.       What is your bottle pressure?

3.       What is the required delivery pressure?

4.       What is the desired flow rate?

5.       Do you have an excess flow switch on the panel? If so, what is the part number?

The age of the panel isn't a concern. As long as you're keeping the gas clean and employing proper cylinder change procedures, that panel will last you for the life of the system. We might play 20 questions here to get this figured out, but this will be a good start.

Best to you sir!

Tom

Tom Britton
Director of Sales