[labnetwork] e-beam deposition of cobalt

Lubelski, David A lubelski at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 23 19:54:47 EDT 2014

Xiaojin,
We have been using Cobalt in an e-beam for about 5 years. When first heating, we do it in manual mode to slowly heat the material. After the first heating, use two rise/soak cycles and it works very well. We do use it in a system predominately used for magnetic materials, so we have no problems. If you would like our recipe, email me and I'll send it your way.
Dave Lubelski
Research Engineer
Birck Nanotechnology Center
Purdue University