[labnetwork] Knife edge flange pressure application

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 28 11:34:29 EDT 2014

Steve:

Thanks for your contributions to this list ... you are one of the
regular posters here from whom I always learn something useful.

I think that your referral to ASME is exactly on target.  In fact, I
found the following link that describes some of the issues and
challenges associated with trying to use Conflat flanges in
pressure-rated vessels:

http://mtm-inc.com/reduce_project_risk/asme_commercial_vacuum_flanges/

Dennis, it sounds as if Meyer Tool & Mfg might be a good source of
information if you are looking at exploring this issue further.

Good luck,

John