[labnetwork] Piranha disposal

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 3 08:13:22 EST 2015

Nava -
I'm in favor of aspirating it from the bath into a significant stream of running water. That would, of course, go to an acid-neutralization system.
The big advantage of this approach, of course, is the cooling as well as diluting effect of the water stream. It is important to be sure the aspirator and associated tubing will withstand the heat and oxidizing properties of the stream.
John