[labnetwork] point of detection - Gas sensors

Matthieu Nannini, Dr. matthieu.nannini at mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 11 12:39:57 EST 2015

Colleagues, first thanks Vito for initiating this discussion. Very important points where made which led me to explore the labnetwork archives about sub-atmospheric setup and TGMS. Fore those interested I will save you the search:
https://www-mtl.mit.edu/pipermail/labnetwork/2012-August/000541.html
https://www-mtl.mit.edu/pipermail/labnetwork/2013-August/001004.html
https://www-mtl.mit.edu/pipermail/labnetwork/2014-July/001346.html
https://www-mtl.mit.edu/pipermail/labnetwork/2013-August/000998.html

Since we are in a gas discussion timing,

If you had to prioritize the following position of the sensors, what would you recommend ?

- exhaust of gas cabinet
- gas cabinet at the tool
- VMB if any
- exhaust of pump after the tool ?
- exhaust after abatement system ?
- free space sensors scattered around most sensitive areas: where human presence is usually high

Thanks

Matthieu Nannini
McGill Nanotools Microfab
Manager