[labnetwork] Use of strontium in sputtering

Papakyriakou, Marc R mpapakyriakou at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 27 09:27:57 EST 2015

Dear MTL lab network,

I am a graduate student at Georgia tech and I have a question about possible use of strontium in a cleanroom environment. I am working to get strontium qualified as a material for use in Georgia Tech's cleanroom, but they want to know what handling procedures other cleanrooms use for dealing for strontium before they agree to let it be used. I am specifically trying to sputter pure strontium. Does anyone in this network have experience with using it in this way? And if not specifically strontium, is there a general handling procedure for use of highly reactive and/or pyrophoric materials?

Thank you,

Marc Papakyriakou
Graduate Research Assistant
Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
http://www.yeelab.gatech.edu​