[labnetwork] advice on work safety when sputtering Osmium

Bernard Alamariu bernard at mtl.mit.edu
Fri Feb 27 12:18:22 EST 2015

Hello,

The Os powder is very dangerous.
The main danger is when you clean the sputtering machine.
There were several  instances with terrible consequences ( death & sick)
by cross contamination.
The people that cleaned the sputtering machines were very carefully and
took all the safety measures
and were OK, but put their gowns in the common locker room. The dust
spread on other people gowns
that got sick.

Thanks, Bernard