[labnetwork] Silane quantity

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 7 15:26:03 EST 2015

Hi Matthieu,

We've got one cylinder of 5% silane (balance N2) (AL size 16, approx 16L
internal water volume) and one cylinder of 100% silane (AL size 44, approx
44L internal water volume).

The 5% silane is used for PECVD depositions and at our rate of
consumption, it usually gets replaced before empty, typically at or near
its expiry date.

We haven't yet gained any experience with silane consumption but I suspect
the cylinder will expire before the entire volume gets consumed.

Cheers,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  MASc, PEng