[labnetwork] Fab invoice payment terms & repercussions of non-payment

Nava Ariel- Sternberg anava at tauex.tau.ac.il
Sun Jan 11 02:05:19 EST 2015

Hi Vito,

Here are the answers relevant for TAU, Israel:

  1.  At what frequency do you issue your invoices?
Monthly

  1.  How long after an invoice has been issued must it be paid?
TAU customers - optimally immediately, in practice - until the next invoice received.

  1.  What course of action do you take if the invoice is not paid?
At first we try to help the PIs find a way to pay. Phone conversations, emails etc. Eventually, after a few months of invoices not paid and a building up depth - suspend the PI group's access to the facility. For companies, after a few warnings we suspend their access or stop performing work for them.

  1.  Are you ever faced with having to suspend a PI's facility access?
Yes, once.

  1.  If the answer to 4 is yes, what level of authority within your organization is required to enforce this suspension: Facility Manager or Director? Facility Faculty Director? Dean? Other?
Facility managing director.

  1.  If you've been through a PI suspension, what was the impact on the students in the PI's research group?
This specific PI didn't have students working in the fab, he was ordering process jobs to be performed by the facility staff...

Hope this helps.

Nava

Nava Ariel-Sternberg, Ph.D.
Tel-Aviv University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Managing Director
MNCF Manager
Phone: 03-640-5619