[labnetwork] Temporary Foreign Worker

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 12 10:58:06 EST 2015

Hi Matthieu,

In my experience the need for such a permit will vary. As Mario Portillo pointed out, make sure your guest has a signed letter from you (on company letterhead with your contact info including cell phone #) which indicates the purpose of the trip and the nature of his/her visit including the original PO # under which the system was purchased. If the customs agent insists on a temporary permit, your guest will be able to purchase one immediately at that point. I believe the cost is about $150 for a 6 month permit if I remember correctly, less for shorter duration permits.

Cheers,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  MASc, PEng