[labnetwork] Cost of infrastructure operating and maintenance costs

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 7 12:29:20 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to come up with a reasonably accurate estimate of the infrastructure operating and maintenance costs associated with our 6750 sq.ft. cleanroom. If you've completed such a study in the past I would greatly appreciate hearing from you in regards to the methodology you used at the time and any references or rules of thumb that may have been useful to you.

Using the same terminology used by our own Plant Operations group, the following are the variables I would like to include in my study.  Some of these seem vague to me personally but I suspect this is likely due to the fact that this type of analysis falls beyond my scope of experience.

-Building
-Central Plant
-Mechanical distribution
-Electrical Distribution
-Grounds
-Electricity
-Heat
-Water

In addition, I would also like to hear from the community as to whether their respective administration expects their fab operating revenues to cover these particular infrastructure costs. Specifically, I’d like to know whether you are charged for these types of costs by your internal plant operations or finance groups.

Thank you very much for any insights.

Best regards,
Vito
--