[labnetwork] Industry Contacts for Graduating Students

Rehn, Larry A lrehn at tamu.edu
Wed Jul 8 16:52:43 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I have a question regarding assistance to graduating students who are users of our labs.  Do any of you have a recommendation to provide job leads and contacts into industry or other labs?
Most of our professors do not have prior experience working in industry, so they cannot provide much help.  I have worked in the semiconductor industry before so sometimes the students ask for job leads or industry contacts from me.  This has happened several times in the last few months, so I decided to start a document with people that I know, and who are willing to have students contact them for help in locating that first job.  Many of these folks are not hiring managers, but most can redirect a graduate to someone who is looking to fill a position, or at least the local human resources manager.

I would like to know whether any of you have ideas or developed any better ways to assist our graduates.

Best regards,
Larry A Rehn
Technical Lab Manager
AggieFab Nanofabrication Facility