[labnetwork] TGMS Emergency Response Cordination

Corey David Wolin cdwolin at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 17 11:57:11 EDT 2015

Hi All

After a few false alarm with our toxic gas monitoring system concerns were raised with regards to the response from fire and PD. They approach to to the alarms is as if they are all false alarms.  Our TGMS system is set to evacuate the building on any high level gas alarm, which includes the dean's office among all other engineering administrative staff.  They also don't contact anyone on the alarm contact list for after hours alarms which is very concerning. This was determined after looking through the alarm history.

I'm curious as to how many of you coordinate with campus first responders and EH&S on the serious nature of the the gases to which the sensors are monitoring?  What do many of you feel the proper emergency response to a high level silane alarm should be? Low Level? In addition, at which point should the TGMS evacuate the building if automatic shutoff valves exist for both high and low level alarms?

Any feedback and/or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

Corey Wolin
NanoFab Manager