[labnetwork] Dektak3 configuration(?) problem

John Nicholson thejohnnicholson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:42:54 EDT 2015

We have two Dektak3 profilometers with the same problem which I'm hoping is
a software or bios configuration problem. It's possible both of these had
the bios battery backup die and lost the bios settings or have user induced
calibration issues. Both show the error message "Timeout waiting for AD
PORT C BIT to SET"  when a measurement run is started. The stylus will not
lower onto the sample. It's also possible both suffered the same mechanical
or electrical failure but I'm hoping someone here can point to an easier
fix. Any help would be appreciated.

John Nicholson

Nanofabrication Laboratories Manager
MassNanoTech Nanofabrication Facility