[labnetwork] Convectron gauges

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 31 16:26:22 EDT 2015

Greeting fellow Nanofabbers,
  Has anyone experienced frequent failures of convectron style vacuum gauges in a Xenon Difluoride etcher?  I chose to use this style because it is important for us to observe vacuum over a wide range for this process, but within 10 hours of running time, the readout displays "bad sensor" or the gauge will not read above 3 Torr.   I have been using a major vacuum component supplier's version of a popular manufacturer's gauge and we have an isolation valve that closes during process. I suspect residual XeF2 is the culprit but I would like to hear from the community if there have been similar failures.
Thanks!

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
www.cns.fas.harvard.edu